New directors for Australian Grape and Wine Authority
9 September 2015
Minister for Agriculture, Barnaby Joyce, announced four new faces will join three current directors and the Chair of the Australian Grape and Wine Authority (AGWA) from 1 October 2015 for a three-year tenure.
"I want to thank outgoing directors—Mr John Casella, Mr John Forrest, Mr Ian Henderson and Ms Janice McDonald—for their work in establishing AGWA and providing strong leadership and clear strategic direction during the stand-up phase," Minister Joyce said.
"I equally want to welcome the new directors who were selected through a merit-based process by a selection committee nominated by AGWA's representative organisations.
"I am confident the blend of experience of the current directors and fresh perspectives of the new directors will ensure AGWA invests in research and development and marketing aimed at producing the best results for its levy payers."
The new directors are:
- Mr David Dearie, Vic, Managing Director of Eastwind Consulting Limited and former CEO of Treasury Wine Estates Limited
- Mr Edouard Peter, SA, Chairman of Duxton Capital Singapore with extensive experience in international agricultural investments
- Ms Mary Retallack, SA, Managing Director of Retallack Viticulture and third generation viticulturist
- Mr Keith Todd, SA, General Manager Global Operations, Accolade Wines with over 25 years international experience in food, beverage and agricultural processing industries.
They join continuing directors:
- Mr Brian Walsh, SA, current AGWA Chair
- Ms Eliza Brown, Vic, CEO of All Saints Estate and St Leonards Vineyards
- Dr Brian Croser AO, SA, Chairman of Tapanappa Pty Ltd and Tunkalilla Vineyards Inc
- Mr Kim Williams AM, NSW, Commissioner, Australian Football League and member of Executive Channel International Pty Ltd.
"I look forward to working with the authority to deliver strong returns to growers and winemakers through the investments AGWA makes on their behalf."
For more information about the work of AGWA, visit agwa.net.au.