Put your views forward for FHA review
5 October 2018
- Farm Household Allowance (FHA) review panel touring Australia
- It began in Launceston, with Casino in the NSW the next stop
- Face to face consultations run parallel to a public submission process
The Farm Household Allowance (FHA) independent review panel is holding face-to-face consultations right across the country to get farmers’ views on accessing the payment.
The review panel has already visited Launceston, with Casino in NSW the next stop on 8 to 9 October.
Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud said the views and experiences of people who work on the land were vital.
“There’s no better way to find out if something works than to ask the people who use it,” Minister Littleproud.
“I want to know if the FHA is supporting farmers as well as possible, and to see if there are ways to improve it.
“The panel will also head to Adelaide in South Australia, Canberra, Mildura in Victoria, Warwick in Queensland and Western Australia.
“We need the views of those who have applied or received the payment—along with stakeholders who have experience—to get a fully informed view.”
Along with the face-to-face consultations, there is a public submission process.
People can provide their views by:
- Uploading a written submission through Have Your Say
- Completing a short survey on Have Your Say
- Providing a submission through email or post.
For further information, or to register to attend a session, contact FHAReview@agriculture.gov.au.
- The panel wants to hear from farming families (both FHA recipients and those who have never received the payment), advisors and support networks such as accountants, agricultural advisers, agronomists, financial planners, Rural Financial Counsellors, stockists, succession planners, industry and the general public.
- The panel will make recommendations to Government in the first half of 2019.
Dates and locations of public consultations are:
17 October 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
19 October 2018
Industry group consultation in Canberra
22-23 October 2018
Mildura region, Victoria
29 October 2018
6-7 November 2018
Western Australia, location TBC