Decentralisation delivers in Orange
Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources, David Littleproud
Member for Calare, Andrew Gee
31 October 2018
- More than 340 applications for Regional Investment Corporation jobs
- More than 85 from the local region
- RIC is already delivering low-interest loans to farmers in need
Decentralisation is delivering in Orange with huge interest in jobs at the Regional Investment Corporation.
The RIC has received more than 340 applications for up to 32 new jobs, with 85 from the local region.
Minister for Agriculture David Littleproud said this showed decentralisation works – it both provides good careers for locals and brings new people to our regions.
"Country people deserve stable public sector careers just as much as city people do," Minister Littleproud said.
"It's no wonder we're getting hundreds of applications from inside and outside the region for these new public service jobs in Orange. The place is beautiful; it's a great place to raise kids, has excellent food and wine and you can park out front of your favourite restaurant.
"Public sector jobs are a huge economic driver creating many jobs downstream. The new corporate, agri-finance and executive staff will spend money locally, creating more jobs."
Member for Calare Andrew Gee MP said it was great to see that of the 340 plus applications, 85 have come from the Orange region.
"Opening a new government office in a regional area brings economic growth, higher wages and so many flow-on benefits to the broader community and economy," Mr Gee said.
"These jobs are very welcome in the central west and is another great example of the Coalition Government's commitment to decentralisation."
More information is available at www.ric.gov.au
- The RIC opened for business on 1 July 2018
- Administers concessional loans and the National Water Infrastructure loans.
- Election commitment kept.
- The Coalition Government has doubled the amount a farm business can borrow from the RIC to $2 million. $500 million will be made available for these loans in any one year.